Skip to main content

Jesus Wept...

The shortest verse in the Bible is "Jesus Wept." A lot of us already know that. But what does it mean? We know the story. Its when Jesus came to the tomb of his friend, Lazurus. Even though Jesus knew in a matter of seconds that He was going to raise Lazurus from the dead...He stood at the tomb with Mary and Martha and He wept. Why would He cry for that? Why would He cry when He knew He could fix everything?

He was crying because He felt the pain of what Lazurus' sisters were going through. He cried because the fear that Lazurus must have felt right before he was dying. He cried because of all the pain that everyone felt. He felt that pain, too.

Jesus wept. Jesus cried! I believe He did it to show us that God knows our pain, shares our pain. Every tear we cry - He knows it. Why? He loves us. The depth of His love is so much that I don't think I can even understand. I often think of my husband's love for me and his children and my love for him and my children. It's that unconditional love. There's so many times when I feel my husband's love for me and think, "Wow - I've never had someone love me this much." And then I start to think..."Wow - God's love is greater than this!" That's amazing! God shares our hurts and our struggles. I just find that amazing.

I shared this because my husband and I have been searching and seeking direction for our family and our children. When I was a little girl in church I don't think I grasped what "Jesus wept" truly meant. I just knew it was the shortest verse in the Bible. I want to teach my children what it really meant when Jesus wept. We're starting a new journey in our household. My husband has started the "COURAGEOUS" effort and we want to make sure that we aren't just pouring Bible verses into our children, but that we are showing our children how to SEEK God's word and LIVE God's word in EVERYTHING we do.

Choose this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. -Joshua 24:15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behavior Chart

I found a behavior chart image online that I really liked because it detailed, but I couldn't find a website to print one. So I made my own. I did this in photoshop and if you would like to print one for yourself you can here . After I printed it, I hung it in a picture frame and can use dry erase markers to check off.

Solar System Bracelets

Well, it was that time again - to learn about the solar system, galaxies, how we get our seasons, the moon phases, etc. You can check out our Space Unit that we completed a couple years ago, when we covered space. Meant To Teach: What's out there in space??? Also, here is the solar system we completed a couple of years ago. Meant To Teach: Solar System Complete This time I decided to do something different with the girls. I might add, it was also much easier than our solar system above. I decided to do solar bracelets this time!

I Gave Up Control

I've not posted very much this year, probably because this year we've been so relaxed with our schooling and the girls have been very independent that there has really not been much that I could think to write on. Plus, with my girls being so much more independent I've been working more with my photography business. My oldest also has her first job and we just stay super busy. However, in looking back where I was a year and a half ago to today I started to think about our journey and where it's gotten us. In previous posts, you will have seen where we stopped doing school completely. My kids didn't stop learning, but the textbooks stopped. We gained SO much from that 7 months that are beyond all textbooks. You can read on our previous journey on the links below. We Quit School Child Led Learning in JUST the First Week What If We Trust? There's Value in Being Relaxed Today I decided that I wanted to talk about more than what this journey did with our s